If you’re a foodie who loves a blast of flavours on a sizzling plate, then this announcement is only for you! Pune’s iconic restaurant, 11 East Street Cafe, is back with their uber successful Sizzler Festival. This No Beef No Pork festival is on throughout the month of December and there are multiple reasons why foodies shouldn’t miss out on this.
This uber-cool restaurant with a red London bus at the entrance is completing 16 years this month. And what better way than relaunching their most successful Sizzler Festival. Chef Priyanka has crafted a world inspired sizzler menu for this one. The sizzlers of this festival feature flavours right from Mexico upto Thailand! There’s even a Burmese sizzler and one of the sizzlers also features a Paratha with a sizzler happening for the first time! There’s a surprise sizzler on their menu that will be revealed at the end of this article.
Out of the 11 Sizzlers on the festival menu, and each of them represent a country. We tried 6 of them and this is how it went;
- India: Our own Indian flavours get a sizzling makeover and is accompanied by a paratha on the side. This one is a meaty sizzler consisting of Lucknowi Galouti Kebab, Bhuna Mutton Fry and Tandoori salad. The fine Galouti with a rocksolid Bhuna goes very well for the chilly climate!
- Thailand: The most colorful cuisine of all in a sizzler format is a bomb of a flavour. Flavoured with the tiny bird chilies, this one consists of basil chicken accompanied with super flavourful Khao Pad (Thai fried rice). We enjoyed this spicy preparation with Som Tam Salad made with raw papaya! This blast of flavours is quite a must.
- Burma: This is probably the first time we are seeing Burmese Khowsuey on a sizzler plate and it surely elevates the experience. The garlicky noodles stay hot till the last bite and the condiments and wonton chips served along help you with the necessary crunch and flavour variation. if you have not tried this Burmese delicacy before, this is a perfect chance for you. And if you are a fan of Khowsuey, this one is going to give you a different but sizzling experience!
- England: This one is a total classic and we tried the chicken version of it simply because it comes with a Jack Daniel Bourbon sauce. Yes, you read that right! Chicken with this sinful sauce is a delish combination when eaten with the light lemon pilaf served on the side. Potato wedges on the side serve as the right comfort snack bite in between. Purely a classic dish for those who love an authentic sizzler.
- Mexico: Mexican flavours overall are our favorite. And when they come all together on a sizzling plate, then it is a match made in heaven! The non vegetarian option comes with chicken fajitas which are super duper flavourful. Stuff them in the soft tortilla, add some sour cream, Tomato salsa and top it off with a dollop of guacamole; this bite is a complete blast of flavours! The molten cheese on the side with the crisp sides is pure indulgence for cheese lovers. This one is just perfect for the ongoing winters.
- Dessert: Now comes the most important part which is a dessert sizzler. Mind you, this is not a sizzling brownie at all! The inhouse pastry chef has come up with a sticky toffee pudding that is topped with a lot of toffee sauce and comes with a scoop of original vanilla ice cream. This one is a hell of a climax to your sizzler dinner or lunch! The toffee, though sticky, melts in your mouth while it is nice and warm! Vanilla ice cream soothes your palate and you are ready to cozy up in your car seat after that!!
Apart from these mentioned above, the festival also features flavours from Ethiopia, China, Italy, Lebanon and Japan too. The festival is on only for this ongoing month of December’23! Make the most of it!
To book a table, contact 9960617811
Address: 11 East Street Cafe, Virvani Plaza, Camp, Pune-01